The Reindeer Project

FCC

THE REINDEER PROJECT has been in existence in the GISD area since 2000.  First Christian Church, Rowlett was a drop off location for a start up Christmas help organization and after seeing toys that were not age appropriate and only 1 per child, decided they could use their volunteers and resources to help the families in the community have a really great Christmas.

Over years of trial, error and a lot of hard work, amazing volunteers, incredible fundraising and community support, they grew from serving 50 children to almost 1100 children in 2016.

TRP incorporates the involvement of 10+ churches, 3 non-profits, numerous business and individuals and the counselors/teachers in the GISD Schools. The families are "referred" by the school counselors; interviewed by volunteers to find out all their needs; then on distribution nights (3) welcomed with a warm dinner, movies, cookies, Santa, wrapping rooms stocked with helpers, paper, bags, tape, etc... The children enjoy time in the craft room and love picking out Xmas gifts for Mom & Dad in the Santa Shop.  The entire family leaves with wrapped gifts, food for xmas dinner and a joyful heart!

OCO (operation community outreach) supports this community mission by hosting a yearly charity golf tournament and giving some of the proceeds to support this effort. 

DO I QUALIFY FOR ASSISTANCE?  TRP works with the counselors in all GISD schools.  Please contact your school counselor no sooner than October 1st to discucss a referal to The Reindeer Project.  A volunteer from TRP will contact you and set up and interview so that we can find out what your child(ren) need and want for Christmas, as well as your current family needs. 

 

2020--- Might look a little different, but the families will still be abundantly blessed for Christmas!

 

2020 CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT - 90% BENEFITS THE REINDEER PROJECT. (The other 10% will go towards our new HOME initiative)

/golf_tournament_online_registration

 
  August 2020  
SMTWTFS
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031   
Contents © 2020 Operation Community Outreach • Church Website Builder by mychurchwebsite.netPrivacy Policy